Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Life is a bear, hop on and ride, if you dare

It was my birthday last Thursday, and no, it wasn't really the worst day, although time is creeping and making me thirsty for oblivion's waters which I'd drink till I burst, hey!

But oblivion's cause I must refuse, because it is life and its knocks that I choose, though it means one more madman out on the loose, so I'll take the booze, a cruise and stand right back up every time that I lose.

So it was forty I hit just last week, but my heart isn't in it and my eyes just won't peek,

though my body uses pain as its way to speak, I don't feel my age does it make me a freak?

Those who know me will say I'm a freak already, having tasted deep of life's nectars so heady,

sometimes safe, sometimes my life hangs by a thready, but who can decide, which of two evils is the more deadly?

I can and I'll tell you there's one thing I'm not, that's the guy who sits around in his life like it's some kind of pot, to piss in to swill in to die and his ashes to fill in.

To me life is something akin to a bear, a great heaving monster all covered in hair, it has teeth it has claws tucked away up in there but if I don't jump on his back I won't get anywhere. Others will sit and others will stare but I'm riding my bear the hell out of there.

1 comment: